I took out a 416 microphone, to really emphasise the sounds I was recording. While I had the microphone I decided to get some of my second stage sounds, which were the certain foley's that you saw in the clip such as: the shower running, the treadmill, walking etc.
I own a PS2, and whenever i turn it on you can hear the fan going as well as the occasional sound of the laser reading the disk and and a definite power up when you first hit reset, which could work nicely on the touch screen shots. So I went to record my PS2 sound for a good five minutes, moving it closer and further away to get a range of the sound. The recording goes on for five minutes, so hopefully I will have a lot to play with.
The Second sound I recorded was the sound of our heater. That again has the sound of powering up, before it levels out into a hum. Recording was difficult at first as their is a clock right next to it. So after moving the clock (which you can hear on the recording), the hum sound is quite clear but has a bit more bass in comparison to the PS2 sounds.
![]() |
| Recording PS2 Fan |
![]() |
| 416 after recording |
The third and final hum I for to play with was the air fan above the hob, designed to take in the smoke from the room, creating a suction effect. I recorded this one just to get an extra layer of variety that may help towards creating a unique soundscape for the piece.
I also got a couple of minutes of the shower running for that short clip of a shower, which i recorded using both with the sliding door open and closed and even recorded just outside the bathroom to get a more distant sound.
With this set of sounds I can now make a rough skeleton of the final piece.



No comments:
Post a Comment