Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Second round of recording

For my second round of sound recording , I wend about recording as many foley's as possible. This would include trying to mimic the sound of Tom Cruises character running on a treadmill, as well as getting various movements from a bed sheet,a few more hums as well as try and mimic walking on a metallic floor. Their is also the requirement of getting the spiking and booming sounds ti create tension at the beginning.

Though I have still yet to get a crowded street sound, however I believe I have grasped most of the sounds required.

Getting The footsteps, I watched the clip and counted the rhythm in which he ran. I then mimicked that running pattern, before both speeding up and slowing down to make sure I got the rhythm correct. I got in bed and sat up to record the sound of the duvet as well as running the sheet over the microphone to give that sense of motion.

I also had to try mimic a gun being cocked and loaded. For the loading i simply used the clip on my ruck sack over and over again, whereas for the cocking sound, i tugged the holder that attaches the zoom bag to the strap in and out, as it gave a slightly clicking metallic sound. After EQing these two sounds I think they will match up with the sound of a gun.

With 19 different Mono tracks recorded I will now continue on with the edit and hopefully it will leave me with most sounds in place and leave me in a good position for the final hand in.
416 recording a metallic sound

H4N zoom showing Mono 010

No comments:

Post a Comment