Wednesday, 6 May 2015

3rd recording session

Their are no photos of the following recording session as I became tunnel visioned during the process.

For starters I hydrophone recorded every sound with a hum that i recorded previously on the 416. Below is the sounds I recorded and imported from that third recording session. I will now go through each sound listed.
3rd recording session sounds
























The bathroom footsteps were a last minute thing. I recorded my self walking from my bedroom through the kitchen and into the bathroom, in order to get a variety of footsteps to use in the piece.

The body ruffle, was basically to cover the scene where Tom cruise is getting ready, and all the sound is, is just me rubbing my arm against my side to get  a sound of clothing movement.

The carpet steps, as you may guess is just footsteps taken on my bedroom carpet for the same reasons as the bathroom footsteps.

Case open and shut, was to try and get a lock and load style sound to possibly use on the getting ready scene. I recorded it on the 416, and the case was the metallic one that the 416 comes in.

The crunch, I simply crunched some paper softly, specifically for the moment tom cruises character eats toast out of the woman's hand.

The exterior atoms is just to overlay onto the street sounds in order to add more depth to the sound.

Footsteps was again purely for footstep syncing.

Gearing Up is me generally flinging things over my shoulder to try and create the sound when tom cruises character puts his rifle over his shoulder.

General Noise and tapping is purely little sounds that were recorded as back ups.

Getting ready was the same as gearing up.

High street was for the opening scene. I recorded a high street in stereo to make the  opening scene more in depth.

After that it is mostly hydrophone stuff and filler however I did get two more curtail sounds]

Firstly the razor in pocket, I basically mimicked tom cruises movement and slid my razor and it holder into my pocket, which had a chain in the bottom. This gave a nice thud sound which will work nicely for the holster moment.

The other was the microwave buttons. for that I just pressed the buttons on my microwave, and I intent to EQ them in the edit.


No comments:

Post a Comment